Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hello Students!

So you got your letter and you are in my fifth grade class this year! Let me tell you how excited I am for our schoolyear. Seriously. I have been doing some planning and have gone into the classroom several times to start setting up and am really getting into the groove.

Here is a secret: There will be a quiz. on. the. first. day. of. school. Yes...isn't that terrible? It will be on multiplication and division facts. If you are reading this and know anyone else in our class..feel free to share this secret-maybe you could study a bit. It is just a little "snapshot" for me to know where you are in math since we will be diving right on into it-no pressure!

And what have you read this summer? I read "BossyPants" by Tina Fey, "Thinking in Pictures" by Temple Grandin and COUNTLESS photography books and blogs. I am going to read "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" next.

I am so excited to get to know you all..please comment and/or follow and/or stalk this blog!

See you so soon,
Ms. Buchwald

No comments: